Happy New Year!
Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to 2011. One time, years ago, I actually made a New Year's resolution and stuck with it for six whole months. It was exercise-related and was the only time in my adult life I was under 150 pounds. This year, for some reason, I feel like I can conquer the world. It may have something to do with a successful professional leap I took over the weekend (beginning my sure-to-be illustrious career as a part-time wedding singer) but, whatever it stems from, I'm seizing the moment, daggummit, and making a whole slew of resolutions. Hopefully one will stick.
I resolve to:
- Actually start exercising again. I bought a new yoga mat, pulled my sneaks out of storage and am looking into buying a Wii Fit Plus (because I'm realistic and know that it may be my best motivation. "Ooo, I feel like playing Wii. Might as well do a workout!" <-- That's what I hope will happen in my head.)
- Take more creative risks. 'Nuff said.
- Be more social. Most days I am a quivering mass of social anxiety. Each and every get-together, appointment, party and potluck makes me stress out from the moment it's planned. Obviously not healthy, and sometimes I think people get the wrong impression, like I don't want to be hanging out when in reality I'm crippled by my nerves. I have to get over this!
- Learn some serenity. There is so little in this life that we have total control over, and just going with the flow is a great way to stay happy. I look back at every stage of my life and how I just wanted to move on, to grow up, to get out. Now I want to sit back and enjoy without trying to get on to the next.
- Be more organic, more green, and leave less of a footprint. I make this resolution every year and am actually pretty proud of how much I've accomplished along these lines. But there's so much room for improvement. Always.